Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New York Haul

I didn't pick up much when I made my trip to New York this month, but I got what I came for :) I've heard bloggers talk about Inglot, a cruelty-free makeup brand with professional products (similar to MAC)


What I picked up from Inglot:
5 eyeshadow palette
Breathable Nail Enamel in 665
Breathable Nail Basecoat


The nail polish is a beautiful green/minty color. The basecoat gives the nails a slightly brightened look (a thin white layer of polish).

So far I've tried using the base and the polish on a nail just to test it out; I didn't get very good results :( I found the formula to be quite bubbly, but perhaps it'll work differently with another basecoat.


And now for the exciting part!


My palette from their Freedom System is the 5 pan eyeshadow palette.
It contains (from bottom to top):
414: A pearl green shade
342: A matte brown
153: A 'shine' taupe
30: A shimmer cream
355: A matte pale skin color



From left to right: 
414, 342, 153


From left to right:
153, 30, 355



Swatches from left to right:
414, 342, 153, 30, 355

It may be difficult to see 30 or 355 because they're close to my skintone; 30 comes off as a slightly cream colored shimmer, white 355 shows up as a matte cream color (an awesome base for my skintone!)



These eyeshadows are very pigmented and stay on really well throughout the day. They also blend very nicely! :) Might have to pick up some more shades in the future!


I also had some time to look around at the airport terminal, so I checked out the Body Shop store and picked up this goodie (TSA friendly!)

It's their Almond Hand and Nail Cream (1.0 oz)

It smells like almond and is so moisturizing. It really came in handy when I was in New York with dry hands :)



And that's all I picked up in New York! 

Have you tried anything from Inglot? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment