Amber and Ken just released their new fall scents and I just had to try some out. I'm a Bath and Body works Slatkin junkie. I burn through those 3 wick candles like nobody's business. Sometimes I just want to try out a candle though, but the smallest ones run you over 7 dollars for a teeny tiny size. With one wax tart, I can try out a scent for hours without breaking the bank :) I scrolled through their scent list and picked some interesting ones to try out...
Sugar Cookie (clearance), Apple Pumpkin Strudel
Maple Walnut Fudge, Candied Walnuts, Caramel Apples
Apple Harvest, Brown Sugar Pecan
Cranberry Apple Marmalade, Cinnamon Baklava
Frosted Pink Cupcake, Christmas Hearth
Pumpkin Caramel Latte, Coffee Cake & Spice, Bear Claw, Butter Rum Cappuccino
Sample scents in Triple Layer Cake and Baked Apple Pie
Each tart is the size of a cupcake liner
Just pop it out of the liner, place in your wax warmer, and voila!
My thoughts on the scents:
- Apple Harvest: a very spicy, warm scent. Similar to the smell of hot apple cider.
- Cranberry Apple Marmalade: this smells like cranberry apple juice; almost like a fruit roll up, if any of you remember what those smell like
- Caramel Apples: smells like freshly sliced McIntosh apples with caramel; spot on scent
- Baked Apple Pie: smells like the inside of an apple pie, like apples tossed in cinnamon and sugar
- Apple Pumpkin Strudel: this is on the sweeter spectrum of the apple scents; apples overlayed with a pumpkin butter tone
- Sugar Cookie: smells like sugar cookie dough; pretty spot on
- Candied Walnuts: very sweet smell; smells almost like butter pecan ice cream, toasted nuts
- Maple Walnut Fudge: a cocoa overlay with subtle hints of sugar and nuts (smells almondy almost)
- Brown Sugar Pecan: another sweet, nutty smell; similar to candied walnuts, but with a brown sugar note
- Bear Claws: smells like pastry dough, sugar, and cinnamon
- Coffee Cake & Spice: smells a little spicier than the cakes I'm used to; smells kind of like the holidays but with cake (does that even make sense?)
- Cinnamon Baklava: this is a true coffee cake smell. Just like Starbuck's.
- Pumpkin Caramel Latte: this is a dupe for Bath and Body Work's Slatkin candle of the same name; smells like buttercream icing, pumpkin, and a tiny smidge of coffee
- Christmas Hearth: this kind of smells like a Christmas tree and firewood
- Frosted Pink Cupcake: this smells exactly like the strawberry vegan cupcakes I got for my birthday this year. Mmmm.
- Butter Rum Cappuccino: another sweet smell; smells like butter, warm alcohol, and a little bit of coffee
- Triple Layer Cake: this doesn't really smell like cake to me; it almost smells like berry candy?
So that's my wax tart haul for this fall :) Be sure to check them out on facebook, etsy, and their website! The wax tarts have a wonderful throw (they can fill a room with scent) and they last quite a few hours. I recommend them :)