Sunday, November 17, 2013

Flower Beauty Collection and Swatches (Vegan drugstore brand!)

Flower Beauty is a cruelty free (no animal testing whatsoever) and vegan line of makeup by Drew Barrymore :) Currently it is only sold at Walmart (wish it was sold elsewhere! I dread going to Walmart...)

I picked up a few products from the line a few months ago and have been trying them out since :)


LIPS:
Kiss Stick Luxury Lip Color in Morning Glory (a pinky nude)
Kiss Stick Luxury Lip Color in Rose Bud (a perfect red shade)
Shine On Lip Gloss in Baby's Breath (a milky pink)




From left to right:
Rose bud, Morning glory, Baby's Breath

I really like the formula of these lipsticks. They're very pigmented and are slightly moisturizing, but not too moisturizing that they slip off your lips. The gloss is actually surprisingly pigmented and isn't sticky at all.


Zoom-In Ultimate Mascara in Intense Black
BB Cream in shade BB1


This BB cream is actually light enough for my skin! A first for me (at drugstores) :P It covers well for everyday use. If you're looking for medium to full coverage, I'd go with something else though.

I did have the About Face Foundation in color LF1 but I found the formulation to be less than ideal for my skin. It was too drying and thick. I returned it. The brand also has a loose powder (Powder Up); I found the packaging to be way too bulky for a cosmetic product though, so I opted against it.


The Zoom-In Ultimate Mascara has a double-function kind of feature. If you don't twist the little black cap at the top, the brush turns out straight like above. If you twist the cap slightly, it contorts to look like the brush below. This mascara is okay; it doesn't clump or anything. I just find the formula rather dry.



Win Some, Rouge Some Creme Blush in Forget-me-not


This blush is a lovely pink shade and blends in extremely well. It doesn't leave your skin tacky, either! It dries to a powder finish. 


And now some of the most raved about products... cream eyeshadows! These are great alternatives to the non-cruelty-free brands like Maybelline or Loreal.



Color Play Creme Eyeshadow in Orchid-ing Around


Color Play Creme Eyeshadow in Vine of the Times


Color Play Creme Eyeshadow in Good as Mari-gold


Color Play Creme Eyeshadow in Wild Geranium


From left to right:
Orchid-ing around, Vine of the Times, Good as Mari-Gold, Wild Geranium



The line also includes eyeshadow quads. I have three of them.




Shadow Play Eyeshadow Quad in Foxy Browns




Shadow Play Eyeshadow Quad in Face the Grey



Shadow Play Eyeshadow Quad in Smoke and Mirrors


The line also has nailcolors!


Top: Thistle or That? (a lovely, medium mint)
Bottom: May Flowers (a slightly lilac rose tone)


Top: Gorgeous Gerbera (a sweet baby pink)
Bottom: Precious Poppy (a bright coral)


What I love about this line:
It's cruelty free!
It's all vegan!
AND THERE ARE SEALS ON PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING.

You all know how frustrating it is to bring a product home only to discover that it has been messed with. All of the products I have (except the polishes) have these kind of sticker seals that show when the product has been opened. It's very helpful! 

I liked everything that I tried (except for the About Face Foundation). I think it's a good drugstore alternative, so if you're interested, check out Walmart's display :) 
I'd try to go to a less populated walmart though, as I find walmart to have the most opened products on the shelves.




No comments:

Post a Comment