Monday, November 25, 2013

Sugarpill Eyeshadow in "Tako" review

Sugarpill cosmetics is a cruelty-free brand that is known for their pigmented eyeshadows and loose pigments. I had a $10 voucher from signing up for Luvocracy that was about to expire, so I went ahead and ordered one of their pressed eyeshadows in the color "Tako" ($12).





Tako is a pure white shadow that also happens to be vegan (it'll say so on the box/their website). It's not as pigmented as I was expecting, but it does build up to a nice white wash. I'm very fair so this shade actually helps me build lighter colors more accurately. I apply a wash of Tako all over the lid and then apply my desired shadows on top of it; because I'm so fair, most shades that are "light" on other people just blend into my skin tone, but with Tako they can show up as they do in the pan on my skin. I also like to blend a little of Tako into the brow bone and right at the inner corner of the eyes as a matte highlight.

Overall, I was expecting Tako to be a bit more pigmented, but it serves its purpose of being a white shade for layering color on. You can find it online at Sugarpill Cosmetics :)

No comments:

Post a Comment