Friday, November 8, 2013

Juice Beauty review

A few weeks ago I was cruising through Whole Foods when a lady in the bath and body department was handing out samples of Juice Beauty's acne product line. My mom was interested in it because she has oily skin, while I stick to the sensitive stuff because my skin is more combination. I signed up for their newsletter and found out that they had shampoo and conditioners.

Now, let me tell you about my complicated relationship with shampoo and conditioner. My scalp will literally break out to anything that touches it. About 75% of the products I try break out my scalp instantly. I've resorted to using baby shampoos in the past, but these would leave my hair in a weird texture and didn't make it appear very healthy. I emailed Juice Beauty's customer service and asked them what they thought, and they said that their haircare might be even safer for my scalp than baby shampoo :) They have a good return policy too, so if something were to happen and my scalp didn't like it I could return it for a refund.

Usually the shampoos and conditioners are $10 each, but I found them for discount on Vitacost (where the conditioner was buy one get one 50% off)

From vitacost I ordered:
Pomsmooth Shampoo
Pomsmooth Conditioner X 2

I then was on the hunt for a pumpkin spice soap at TJ Maxx, where I found even more Juice Beauty products! I picked up a second Pomsmooth shampoo, then a duo of one of their other lines (brightening).


Good news! My scalp tolerates these perfectly fine :) No allergic bumps here! The shampoo leaves my hair feeling clean but not too stripped, while the conditioner gives a nice moisture to my hair that I couldn't get from baby products. Make sure that when you store the shampoo in your shower though that you somehow store it upside down; it can be kind of runny, so you don't want to literally wash product down the drain! :)


As far as the brightening products go, I haven't tried them yet (they're sealed) because I want to use up some other products first :) high hopes though! This line is directed towards people with oily hair.


Some other products I have from Juice Beauty are the Cleansing Milk and the Oil-Free Moisturizer (from the acne line). I picked up the oil-free moisturizer as a night treatment, hence why there isn't any SPF. I believe that they do have an SPF day version, though.

The oil-free moisturizer is light and doesn't feel heavy. It absorbs into the skin well and is suitable for combination skin. If you're overly oily though I'm not quite sure if this would work.

As for the cleansing milk, I actually keep forgetting to move it from my desk to my sink. Oops! :) Will let you know if it turns out to be stellar! (This size is a trial size, it came from a set my mom got)


Excuse the bright photo, but this is a sample size of the Green Apple Peel Sensitive. I actually have the full size version of this and really like it! It's like a clear, applesauce-colored jelly. I smooth a little bit over my face and let it sit for about twenty minutes. The product goes on clear, but you can tell that it's there because it creates a kind of glossy sheen on your face. I really like this for when my skin is being difficult to work with; it seems to smooth out the imperfections and help prevent blemishes from forming.

And those are the products that I've tried out so far! :) I'm really loving them!

If you want to check out some more from Juice Beauty, visit their website, say hi on their facebook page, or check them out on Vitacost (get $10 towards your first order with this link)!

No comments:

Post a Comment